I've gotten such great feedback on our tomato cream sauce that I decided to showcase it in this easy to make soup recipe. The hard work is done for you with this bold, flavorful sauce at the forefront.
Creamy Tomato Soup ingredients: 14 oz vegetable broth, 12 oz jar roasted red peppers (drained), 1 jar Florentine Tomato Cream, 5 tbsp Mascarpone cheese
Pasta Salad ingredients: 16 oz penne rigate, 2 cups chopped broccoli, 2 cups chopped cauliflower, 2 cups sliced carrots, 6-8 oz Florentine House Dressing, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, 6 sliced Roma tomatoes
Creamy Tomato Soup
1. In a stock pot, bring vegetable broth and roasted red peppers to a boil.
2. Reduce to medium heat, stir in Tomato Cream, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add 2 tbsp Mascarpone and puree with an immersion blender on high until smooth. (A regular blender works just as well. Be careful when blending the hot soup.)
4. Serve each portion with a dollop of Mascarpone.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse with cold water, and drain. Cool completely.
2. Combine pasta with all ingredients except tomatoes. Mix well.
3. Serve each portion with sliced tomatoes.